In addition to the previously mentioned programs, Noon Academy also offers several monthly programs and activities that aim to create school and community pride. These programs include:
- School Spirit Days: on the third Wednesday of each month, students and teachers celebrate or commemorate an event or theme of the month together. Past School Spirit days have included; dress up as a hero, dress as your favorite storybook character, Heritage Day, crazy hat day, community clean up day, and career day.
- Monthly Classroom Assembly: each class from JK-grade 8 puts together a 10-15min. presentation for the whole school.
- Juma`a Bake Sales: each class gets to organize two bake sales per year to raise funds for their classroom supplies, manipulatives and books.
- Jump Rope 4 Heart: Noon Academy works with The Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada to help promote the awareness of Heart Health.
- Noonolympics: Noon Academy has an annual event that promotes healthy and active living by working towards a Track and Field Day event at the end of the year.
- Field Trips: monthly field trips give the students an opportunity to link what they are learning to the real world. During our trips, students learn to ask questions and explore new knowledge. Our, monthly, field trips are linked to the curriculum and more specifically what the students are learning in class.
- Annual Spelling Bee: Throughout the month of October and November students will collectively and independently learn targeted spelling strategies. To commemorate all their efforts, we hold a spelling bee competition modelled from the National Spelling Bee of Canada’s competition.
- Annual Science Fair: After conducting a science fair project in class with their teachers and peers, students can enter our annual science fair expo, where they can display and show off all the amazing science they learned.